Author Topic: ENGINE SWAP TIME  (Read 72 times)

Offline Tanked82

ENGINE SWAP TIME
« on: July 17, 2020, 06:15:49 PM »
HELLO ALL
Today i say farewell to my g16a such a short life but served me well rofl rofl rofl rofl
So time for another engine, this time getting abit more modern ideally something with efi..was reading that the apvs run a g16a do they fit i may be able to get one complete that has been damaged in the rear so the front is ok,,,I dont know much about them other then the block is the same...Ideally like to go this was as its a modern engine....Or am i better off buying a baleno same deal pull the engine etc out of that as its a known engine swap and conversion...some info would be handy

Offline Nissvit

• Club Member
  • Rock Crawler
Re: ENGINE SWAP TIME
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2020, 04:59:58 PM »
The blocks will be basically the same on all g16's. Keep the sump and oil pickup from your current engine if its been shaped to go around the diff in a sierra and bolt to the new one and it should all bolt in. The difference with the efi will be more around what sensors are used, ie whether it used cam or crank angle sensors etc.

Offline Fatzook

• Rock Crawler
Re: ENGINE SWAP TIME
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 11:31:22 PM »
The APV runs a G16B efi motor, but is completely different.  Its a slant motor, so the sump, oil pick up, intake manifold, exhaust manifold and ancillary brackets/ placement are all very different.  To the point where its not worth the hassle.

g16B from a Vitara will be the most headache free swap.