Author Topic: New Presidents Ramble  (Read 6600 times)

Offline Kymbo

• Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« on: July 25, 2007, 12:11:15 PM »
Greetings all and welcome to another year (financial) of the NBS 4x4 club.

Apparently in my absence I was lucky enough to be chosen as the president for the next year, so for good or bad here goes.

Firstly a big thanks to the out going committee who?s efforts over the past year have helped strengthen the club. It is obvious to me that they gave of their time and effort way beyond the call of duty, not only in tidying up the clubs administration but also leading the way in being the clubs foundation by hosting so many club trips and functions. I look forward to their on going support over the next year while they unwind from their committee responsibilities. Well done guys and girls.

I?ve been involved with the club since its inception. Being a die hard suzi nut since the age of about 10, I currently have 3 zooks in the driveway, a 1975, 1985 and a 1993. I became involved with the club to meet like minded people and participate in fun organised events with those people. Currently I am preparing a vehicle to have a bit of a bash at off road racing.

Where as many of today?s members and participants no longer drive a zook almost all of them cut their teeth in the little beasts and have a long standing affection for them. That?s why I believe the club must remain open to all four wheel drivers of like mind seeking mateship and the opportunity to be part of a club community.

I also extend an invitation to the different interest groups involved in four wheel driving, whether they be in touring, rock crawling, fishing, racing, day tripping, etc if your good people this is the place to be. I also wish to invite back some of the past members who contributed so much to the club, you know who you are, I see you lurking in the shadows. Come back guys we all miss you, if something has irritated you please talk to me about it so I at least know its not me ; )

Over the next year I would like to see the continued growth and strengthening of the club. This should be able to be achieved in 3 ways;
1)   Development of the Web site and forum
2)   A structured plan for the trips to be held over the next year
3)   Encouragement and support for a wider range of club members to lead club functions and share the load.
Well that?s about it, I invite anyone who has idea?s on how to improve the club to send me a PM and look forward to sharing some good times wheeling with you all over the next year.

Cheers, Kymbo
o the LJ project isn't finished yet.

Offline LuLa

• Training Wheeler
    • http://www.myspace.com/lula_dancer
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2007, 06:37:21 PM »
wow im so happy right now.
congrads Kymbo and to mike..
so happy u guys are the new ppl on the team...
looks like i may have to come to next meeting that u are taking and congrads u...
x
y Yellow Ducky looks after me and tell me to slow down....

..................___@@@__
............... //___|_____\_____
.......? ?.. [ duckyless Sad ...@]
.................( @ )==+===( @ )

Offline Kymbo

• Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 08:30:36 PM »
Thanks lil Lula, I'm looking forward to getting out on the tracks with you and your family in the coming months.

Offline Bruce

• Global Moderator
  • Old Timer
  • Casper
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2007, 05:55:59 PM »
Yep well done guys. Remember I am only a PM away for any help  :wink:
Bruce.
Team Casper proudly sponsored by
Coliso and Me

Offline Fatzook

• Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 05:13:46 AM »
Congrats Kymbo.

See ya soon buddy :arrow:

Offline Kymbo

• Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 10:38:25 AM »
Thanks Pete and good to see your still around. I think we need to get back out on the tracks mate, like a couple years ago :arrow:

Offline westie

• Magazine Editor
  • Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 07:47:10 PM »
Sorry for the delay guys but congratulations to all the new committee, I am sure you will all do the job justice
Steve W
No longer Drive HUGO, The Trolly, Gordie, Tank,
Nika , Zook, Nipper but still drive StretcH 1 & 2, Borris.

Trip Leaders never get lost. they are just Exploring

Offline Kymbo

• Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 09:55:57 PM »
Thanks Westie, and I hope you are just as active in the club over the next year as the last. It is appreciated.

Offline westie

• Magazine Editor
  • Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 10:05:42 PM »
Mate this may be our last event for a while as Goofy and I, are planing to do some tripping around in the caravan.

But if we are around always willing to lend a hand mate.
Steve W

Offline Kymbo

• Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 10:36:59 PM »
Ahhhh, grey nomads. You still have to do trip reports from the road you know.

Offline westie

• Magazine Editor
  • Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2007, 08:32:56 AM »
Yep will be getting a laptop so I can keep an eye on what is going on
 " Don't you worry about that) still have to put my 2 bobs worth in.
Steve W

Offline LuLa

• Training Wheeler
    • http://www.myspace.com/lula_dancer
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #11 on: July 28, 2007, 07:06:53 PM »
ill be still here, so be up for the easy runs cause i am a low rider all the way.
y Yellow Ducky looks after me and tell me to slow down....

..................___@@@__
............... //___|_____\_____
.......? ?.. [ duckyless Sad ...@]
.................( @ )==+===( @ )

Offline hizook

• Rock Crawler
New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2007, 10:16:23 AM »
Thanks to all who voted for us i am sure we will live up to the image that past commity members lived up to. :arrow:  :arrow:
I may look old but still young at heart.

Offline Seigried

• Training Wheeler
Re: New Presidents Ramble
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2007, 09:37:28 AM »
Congrats Kym!  I will have to find the time to come to a meeting etc!  Very keen to but also very busy! cheers
Must go wheeling........

Offline Kymbo

• Rock Crawler
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 07:13:22 AM »
Congrats Kym!  I will have to find the time to come to a meeting etc!  Very keen to but also very busy! cheers

Cheers mate, three months in and I still haven't been sacked. It would be great to catch up with you again.

Heh, Ivan are you going to put my last presidents ramble here?

Jimny

« Reply #15 on: September 22, 2007, 09:05:32 AM »
Heh, Ivan are you going to put my last presidents ramble here?

Well two months down and I finally attended a club General meeting. I do apologize for my absenteeism but at least my distractions have mostly involved driving and fixing zooks. There would appear to be a busy few months coming up for club member participation with day trips, camps, and training days all being on the agenda.
I am very appreciative of those of you that are making an effort and I sense a real positive air to the clubs culture. In the past there have been some disagreements between members but that must be left in the past. Personal remarks and judgements have no place in a club and should be dealt with privately.
Our clubs charter is for good people who share a common interest in four wheel driving (predominantly Suzuki 4x4) to get together and have a good time. That is the reason I am involved and I am sure it is the motivation of all our club members.
The web based forum has been suffering a fair few hiccups lately and I?d like to remind you all that Gibbon has given much of his own time to get it up and running.
Please also note that the moderators are volunteers and should be respected for maintaining the forum in a respectable condition, removing material that might offend some of the online community.
If you have any problems with the forum, please address them directly to me.
This club is great and there is a heap more good times coming so I?ll see you in the bush. 
Cheers, Kymbo