Tire Pressure: Tire Vs Car Sticker

Started by malcolm, October 02, 2017, 10:23:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcolm

This has probably been asked a thousand times by a thousand different people, but anyway.

So my tires have a max pressure of 44-50 psi, the compliance sticker(?) on the door frame says I should use 26 psi, and people generally use (so I've heard) about 30 psi.

So what do I use, for general day to day road driving?
I heard somewhere, I think on a 4wd course, the compliance sticker.
Grand Vitara SQ625 H25A 2001 2.5L V6, steel bar, driving lights, roof rack, 50mm lift, UHF, 500lb winch, rear recovery point

Scrawny

Go with what the car manufacturer (tyre placard) says, regardless of size tyre you run. If you have it loaded and/or are doing extended periods of high speeds, you can bump them up (30-35).

just cruizin

Tyre manufacture will give pressuresfor maximum load rating which will be around 1,000 per tyre not the 1200 to 1300kg a sierra weighs in at
Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

malcolm

Quote from: Scrawny on October 02, 2017, 02:24:02 PM
Go with what the car manufacturer (tyre placard) says, regardless of size tyre you run. If you have it loaded and/or are doing extended periods of high speeds, you can bump them up (30-35).

thanks.
Grand Vitara SQ625 H25A 2001 2.5L V6, steel bar, driving lights, roof rack, 50mm lift, UHF, 500lb winch, rear recovery point